One year since whistleblower Edward Snowden revealed the scale of the NSA and GCHQ’s mass surveillance of our communications, the Don’t Spy On Us campaign invites you to join a day of action to defend our freedom to read and write online
- Saturday 7 June, 1:15pm ’till late
- Shoreditch Town Hall 380 Old Street London EC1V 9LT
Speakers include: Cory Doctorow, Helena Kennedy, Jimmy Wales, Alan Rusbridger, Shami Chakrabarti, Bruce Schneier, Tim Duffy and Stephen Fry.
By joining us you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with influential parliamentarians to create a bill to protect our civil liberties at a session led by Lord Richard Allan, director of policy for Facebook in Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- Create an advertising campaign at a session led by Tim Duffy, UK Group Chairman and CEO of M&C Saatchi
- Secure your privacy online at our crypto-party led by world-leading tech experts
Whatever you do, whatever your skills, join us on 7 June to take a stand for real surveillance reform.
Tickets cost just £5 (£3 early bird discount) but are strictly limited and we expect a lot of interest so please do book as soon as possible.
Speakers: Alan Rusbridger, Jimmy Wales, Shami Chakrabarti, Cory Doctorow, Ewen MacAskill, Duncan Campbell, Bruce Schneier, Claude Moraes MEP, Richard Aldrich, Jim Killock, Gus Hosein, Mike Harris, Emma Carr, Jo Glanville, Carly Nyst, Dr Richard Tynan, Dr Ian Brown, Caspar Bowden, Rachel Robinson, Lord Richard Allan, Baroness Helena Kennedy, Tim Duffy, Maureen Freely, Kate Goold
Don’t Spy On Us is a coalition of leading civil liberties groups in the UK campaigning for reform of surveillance legislation and effective judicial oversight: ARTICLE19, English PEN, Big Brother Watch, Liberty, Open Rights Group, Privacy International.