English PEN is looking for a highly motivated and committed director to lead the organisation towards our centenary in 2021 and beyond
English PEN defends the right to freedom of expression in the UK and internationally. We support writers in need, champion the most exciting new literature in translation, and give young people, prisoners and refugees the opportunity to discover their own creative abilities. The founding centre of a worldwide network, we count amongst our members many prominent writers, editors and publishers as well as students and people at the start of their careers.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A strong commitment to writers, literature and freedom of expression
- Excellent leadership and strategic skills
- Experience of financial management and fundraising
- Experience of building and managing partnerships
- A deep understanding of the arts/charity sector
- The flexibility to work effectively in a small organisation and the ambition to grow it into a bigger one
Salary: £55,000 to £58,000 p.a.
Please send your CV with a covering letter telling us about your experience that makes you suitable for this post and your interest in working for English PEN to Maureen Freely, Chair of Trustees, at email@example.com.
Closing Date for applications is Tuesday 27 March 2018 at 5pm. The first round of interviews will take place on Thursday 5 April 2018.