A one-of-a-kind collection of 14 signed novels – all of them recent bestsellers such as Zadie Smith’s White Teeth, Zoe Heller’s Notes On A Scandal and Nick Hornby’s How To Be Good – is to be auctioned online for charity by AbeBooks.co.uk and Penguin.
Penguin is reissuing 36 bestsellers in its famous retro striped cover designs on September 6 and has partnered with AbeBooks.co.uk to auction 14 signed copies of the modern fiction books from its ‘Celebrations’ series with all proceeds going to English PEN.
The auction, conducted on AbeBooks.co.uk, begins on Thursday 6 September and concludes on Tuesday 11 September at 6pm GMT. The unique collection of signed books, which are being offered in a single lot, will not be available again.
Last December, AbeBooks auctioned four special edition copies of classic Penguin novels that had been redesigned by famous designers and raised $13,000 for English PEN.
The signed novels on offer are:
- Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
- How To Be Good by Nick Hornby
- The Accidental by Ali Smith
- White Teeth by Zadie Smith
- Any Human Heart by William Boyd
- How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
- English Passengers by Matthew Kneale
- Notes on a Scandal by Zoe Heller
- Regeneration by Pat Barker
- A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian by Marina Lewycka
- The Impressionist by Hari Kunzru
- What a Carve Up! By Jonathan Coe
- The Other Side of the Story by Marian Keyes
- Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction by Sue Townsend
AbeBooks is the world’s largest online marketplace for books with over 100 million new, secondhand, rare, and out-of-print titles listed for sale by more than 13,500 independent booksellers from around the world. AbeBooks has millions of customers who collectively purchase up to 25,000 books a day from its 5 global websites (Abebooks.com, Abebooks.co.uk, Abebooks.de, Abebooks.fr and Iberlibro.com).
Originally posted with the url: www.englishpen.org/news/_1636