You will be responsible for co-ordinating English PEN’s successful project with refugees and asylum seekers. This will include co-ordinating workshops, liaising with writers, facilitators and partners, organising guest writer visits, co-ordinating and editing end-of-year publication and event, alongside general administration of the project.
- Minimum two years’ experience managing community engagement workshops required
- 12-month fixed-term freelance contract; on average two days a week, irregular work pattern subject to demands of the role
- Equivalent to £8k-10k salary
About English PEN
English PEN is a registered charity promoting the freedom to write and the freedom to read. We campaign to defend freedom of expression in the UK and around the world; hold public events to showcase the best in contemporary literature; support literary translation by awarding grants to publishers and work with communities across the UK.
- At least two years’ experience managing community engagement programmes
- Experience in working as part of a team
- Proven ability to engage and communicate successfully with young people and members of a wide range of communities
- Experience in working in schools
- Ability to deal tactfully with sensitive and challenging situations
- Skilled in managing relationships with multiple partners
- Experience in project management
- Extremely well organised and able to respond quickly to new challenges
- Ability to ensure that the project complies with regulations and good practice
- Knowledgeable about literature and international literature
- Demonstrates genuine passion for creative learning and connecting communities with arts opportunities
- Has open two-way discussions with others, shares information, actively responds to suggestions
- Ability to work independently
- Takes timely decision, seeks ideas from others regardless of hierarchy.
- Shows appreciation, loyalty, fairness and respect for all colleagues.
- Works effectively under pressure.
English PEN is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to attracting applications regardless of age, race, gender, sexuality, disability or religion.
Please send a CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role to email@example.com by 9am on Friday 31 March.