Name: Louise Rogers Lalaurie
Languages: From French (bilingual, permanently resident in
Professional translation qualifications:
· Studied literary translation at
· Accredited external translator with UNESCO, by examination, 1999
· Qualified member of the
· Currently researching a part-time MPhil in Literary Translation and Art History at the
Membership of any professional translation bodies:
· Society of Authors France / Translators Association
· Association des Traducteurs Littéraires Français
· Art, art history & cultural heritage
· (Auto)biography; memoir and letters
· Food & drink
· Social history
· Sous le manteau, a collection of new short stories by Delphine de Vigan, Philippe Jaenada, Anna Rozen and Serge Joncour (Flammarion, forthcoming): Eroticism, magical realism, women’s social history.
· Rêve d’Orient, by Eric Milet (Arthaud, forthcoming). An exploration of the history, culture, lifestyles and traditions of the Maghreb, with original translations of extracts from works by Colette, Flaubert, Gaston Bachelard, Eugène Delcroix and others.
· Bambi Bar, by Yves Ravey (Les Editions de Minuit, 2008). Extended extract from this elegant thriller/crime novel in the spring 2008 edition of Fiction France, a bi-annual anthology of new French writing published by CulturesFrance.
· Parisiennes: A Celebration of French Women, by Catherine Millet, Carole Bouquet, Delphine de Vigan et al., (Flammarion, 2007). Original short pieces on 20th-century women’s history in Paris – memoir, fiction, literary pastiche.
· The religious paintings of Sergei Chepik, 2008, by Marie-Aude Albert in conversation with Sergei Chepik. The exiled Russian painter discusses his Soviet childhood and youth, his art and faith with his French wife Marie-Aude. Chepik’s monumental work The Way, the Truth and the Life hangs in St Paul’s Cathedral, London.
· Masterpieces from the Galerie Vollard, Réunion des Musées Nationaux, 2007: Review accompanying the summer 2007 exhibition at the Musée d’Orsay, Paris.
· Cindy Sherman, by Jean-Pierre Criqui et. al., exhibiton catalogue, Jeu de Paume, Paris. (Flammarion, 2007).
· The Musée du Quai Branly (Editions Scala, 2006): architectural and institutional history, published for the opening of the museum.
· The Little Book of Michelangelo, by Hélène Sueur, P. Joannides et. al., (Flammarion, 2003)
· James Ensor, Catalogue raisonné of the paintings, by Xavier Tricot, (Pandora, 1992).
Originally posted with the url: www.englishpen.org/writersintranslation/translatorarea/translatorsdirectory/french/louiserogerslalaurie/