English PEN marked its centenary in 2021. As we embark on the next 100 years, we know there is much work ahead.
Against a backdrop of global conflict and the degradation of human rights across the world, the need to defend the freedom of expression is more urgent than ever.
Become a PEN Patron today and help us to protect free expression and promote literature across borders for generations to come.
PEN Patrons pledge an annual gift of £1,000 or more which goes towards delivering our critical mission, enabling us to:
- Defend writers around the world, through our respite residencies, advocacy work and letter-writing campaigns.
- Champion freedom of expression through our ongoing campaigns for legislation that enhances and protects free speech in the UK.
- Celebrate contemporary international writing through our acclaimed grants, prizes and events programme.
As a PEN Patron you will:
- Be invited to exclusive opportunities to engage with PEN’s work, centred around key campaigns, including our annual PEN Patrons’ drinks reception.
- Receive personal updates on our campaigns as well as complimentary invitations to our prizes and events programme.
- Become part of the legacy of English PEN.
To learn more about becoming a PEN Patron, please contact Charlotte Aston, Head of Development at: [email protected]
“In the spirit of English’s PEN’s founding charter, we will bring our Patrons together for unforgettable conversations and exchanges of ideas, through a programme of exclusive events and opportunities to get involved with our work.
PEN is only as strong as its community of supporters. I sincerely hope you will consider joining us today as a PEN Patron.”
Margaret Busby, President of English PEN