8 hours per week 9 month temporary contract
£20,000 pro rata (£3,000 for 9 months)
We are looking for a part time administrator who can support our busy team. Your main duties will include:
- Updating our membership database, welcoming new members and keeping track of renewals
- Supporting our Translation Manager on PEN Translates, our translation grants programme including logging applications, liaising with assessors and publishers and preparing papers for the grants meeting
- Supporting our events manager with prizes and events administration including logging applications, managing VIP lists and liaising with volunteers
Most of these tasks can be done flexibly from home with a weekly catch up at our office or on the phone. It will suit someone who wants to fit in some paid work with other responsibilities, on a flexible basis. We envisage that the hours will be spread over the week depending on how it fits in with the successful applicants other needs. It is also possible to work from our office if preferred.
We are looking for someone who can provide evidence of the following:
- up to date Microsoft office skills, particularly Excel and Word
- good communication skills – a good telephone manner and an understanding of how to communicate effectively on email with a range of stakeholders and with members of the PEN team
- accuracy and an eye for detail
- ability to work to deadlines
- Self sufficient and able to organise your own workload to ensure you deliver tasks on time
5 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas closure. Tickets to PEN events.
How to apply
Please send an up to date CV giving us details of your education and experience to date and a covering letter outlining your suitability for and interest in this role.
Deadline for applications 26 November 2018. To apply please send your CV with a covering letter telling us about your experience that makes you suitable for this post and your interest in working for English PEN to firstname.lastname@example.org.